Cedar @ 3.4 Years Old: Forever Papa's sous chef and helper extraordinaire.
Cedar @ 3.4 Years Old: I'd say the Museum of Flight in Seattle was just as magical for PJ and myself, as it was for Cedar.
Cedar @ 3.4 Months Old: To say that Cedar was smitten with his new cousin Navy would be the understatement of the lifetime.
Cedar @ 3.4 Years Old: The #bombcyclone provided the most powdered sugar snow I've ever encountered...thus our snowman was less than ideal.
Cedar @ 3.3 Years Old: Mesmorized by the model train show inside Grand Central Station.
Cedar @ 3.3 Years Old: Post-Santa pictures, trying to pretend like he wasn't losing his [insert explective here] just a few moments prior. Also post-second stomach bug weight loss.
Cedar @ 3.3 Years Old: Building a stoop snowman by streetlight in Brooklyn = #citykid
This last two months have been nuts, for whatever reason, here is a brief recap:
- LOVES LOVES LOVES LOVES listening to music at all times
- Favorites include: Movie soundtracks (Moana, Zootopia, Toy Story, Toy Story 2, Finding Nemo, Dory, and CARS -- officially can't take "Life is a Highway" anymore), "Lone Ranger music"-- ie: Hank Williams, "Pirate Music" -- ie: Celtic Punk / Hardcore?
- Some rather funny things he is saying these days: "It's not better for me", "No sir!" to either PJ or myself when we tell him something he doesn't want to hear, "Christmas, Santa, what are you talking about!", in response to us telling him that Christmas was Jesus' Birthday: "But he's not a real man, just a pretend one"; "Can I play for five more minutes?" -- always and forever
- Always requests "Cold water with some ice in it"
- Has been waking up every morning recently requesting five eggs for breakfast
- Still insists he has to use the bathroom 100 times from about 8pm (when he goes to bed) to 8:30pm (Usually he comes out of his room, says he needs to go, and then looks at us and says, "What are you guys doing?" FACE PALM
- Wants to eat his PB & J sandwiches on tortillas, calls granola "crunchies", raspberries continue to be his favorite fruit, but pancakes still take the top prize
- Completely elated by all things Christmas, but mostly the decorations and lights
- When asked about Santa his response is usually so-so...he recently suggested to PJ that he should tell Santa what he (Cedar) wants for Christmas when we go see him and up until this point has only requested a bat, and no, not the baseball kind, but a LIVE BAT "like at the big zoo"
- Recently asked for french fries on his toast -- so we're definitely winning at this parenting thing
Cedar @ 3.2 Years Old: Christmastime is here, and with it, the COOLEST electric subway trains in a shop just up the street. I think he would watch it for hours if we let him.
Cedar @ 3.2 Years Old: To say this boy loves riding on the carousel would be the understatement of a lifetime.
Cedar @ 3.2 Years Old: We had a ROUGH week, complete with all three of us getting the stomach bug (a first!) and this little guy was such a trooper.
Cedar @ 3.2 Years Old: Classic "I look exactly like my father" photo.
Cedar @ 3.2 Years Old: Proudly wearing his "pirate hat" aka: a bandana. And as always, tongue out of the mouth moment.
Cedar @ 3.1 Years Old: Our Lone Ranger, who wore his costume more times than I could count (even before Halloween).
Cedar @ 3.1 Years Old: Bless the sweet saint that is our dog Dakota.
Cedar @ 3.1 Years Old: This one is a classic steal mama's phone and take a selfie (albeit quite accidental I assume).
I'm progressively getting worse and worse at remembering to write things down, but still trucking along:
- Favorite books this month include: "Creepy Pair of Underwear" by Aaron Reynolds and "My Dad Used to Be Cool" by Keith Negley
- Loves going on "Dude Dates" with PJ (usually on a weekly basis)
- A lot of times when we ask him to do something (or not to do something) he says, "Stop joking on me" -- still not sure what that means
- Recently asked PJ about his guitar pedals, and then proclaimed, "Oh, do you use them when your guitar goes too fast to slow it down?"
- Finally started getting out of bed to use the bathroom (WHICH IS GREAT AND ALL), but it has also meant for some terrifying middle of the night and early morning door opening shenanigans
- TMI: Sits on the toilet for 30+ minutes reading books when pooping
- Scootering the neighborhood like a pro (and only occasionally causing me to have a panic attack)
- Has recently gotten more into dress up (thinks ALL hats are cowboy hats)
- Starting to become a little boy (SO MUCH ENERGY) -- there's really no other way to say it
Cedar @ 3.1 Years Old: Apple picking in NJ.
Cedar @ 3.1 Years Old: He braves the tallest slides and the highest ladders (LORD HELP ME).
Cedar @ 3 Years Old: Always wants to play guitar with Papa.